GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Area Loss Prevention Manager - Organized Retail Crime (ORC) works closely with various internal and external business partners, including law enforcement, other retailers, corporate investigations, Field Loss Prevention Managers, Supply Chain Loss Prevention and General Managers to leverage all available investigative tools to eliminate and reduce company exposure to external ORC theft and fraud.
Under the general supervision of the Lead Loss Prevention Manager (ORC), the Area Loss Prevention - ORC is responsible for the analysis of Loss Prevention system data, produced through various software applications and video systems, for possible fraud, procedural violations, and training opportunities pertaining to external theft focused on Organized Retail Crime in an assigned market. The Area Loss Prevention Manager - ORC collaborates with partners, makes independent decisions, provides recommendations and communicates with a wide variety of business partners and third parties (other retailers and law enforcement) to reduce the impact of ORC on the business and drive profit.
In all we do, we strive to uphold the company's values in which we win together, give wow experiences, improve always, do what's right, champion diversity and, love what we do and own what we do.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Analyze data, organized retail crime linking model (Detective Analytics), various exception reporting tools, data mining tools, online sales vehicles and remote video to drive investigations pertaining to external theft and fraud in assigned market.
- Initiate, report and administer Organized Retail Crime (ORC ) investigations in loss prevention case management tool for assigned market.
- Partner with field and supply chain, ecommerce and omni-channel loss prevention team to execute various external investigation including follow-up and resolution in assigned market.
- Facilitate coordination of criminal reporting between various law enforcement agencies to ensure effective prosecution and restitution recovery in assigned market.
- Facilitate one on one's and conference calls with the Lead Loss Prevention Manager ORC to include various levels of field leadership to provide updates and review appropriate ORC case information including store operations and legal services.
- Focus on process improvement including training and support with store shoplifting, burglary and external case reporting to better understand and communicate enterprise and local trends.
- Uses loss prevention case management software to link various incidents and develop ORC cases that cross various channels (omni-channel) in assigned market.
- Demonstrate proficiency with exception reporting including ad hoc reporting.
- Direct all ORC training and development programs in assigned market.
- Stay updated on nationwide ORC patterns and trends in assigned market
- Manage the detection, investigation, and successful resolution and prosecution of all external investigations in assigned market.
- Build meaningful and impactful relationships with state, local, and federal law enforcement agencies to drive sustainable relationships and ensure we are present at interviews, search warrants, and participate in surveillance in assigned market.
- Work working closely with local and state government, retailers and industry organizations to pass ORC legislation in assigned market.
- Identify new loss prevention and ORC case tools.
- Participate and represent the company during market ORC meetings.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing Certificate
- CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) preferred
- Three (3) years' experience in Loss Prevention developing complex investigations and conducting internal/external interviews.
- Solid working knowledge of current technology and its application to the role (MS Office, EAS, Burglar Alarms, Networks, BI, CCTV, Kronos, POS systems, case management software, exception-based reporting etc.)
- Ability to learn new software programs with minimal training
- Exceptional written, verbal, electronic communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to drive consensus at all levels of the enterprise through clear, concise and complete information
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and to gain buy in and support of multiple partners to ensure successful investigations.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills including report development skills to interpret data and present summary conclusions in an understandable format.
- Works independently using excellent prioritization skills to provide the business with productive analyses and useful problem solutions.
- Strong business relationship skills able to influence and make recommendations to business partners.
- Can be counted on to deliver results that are of the highest operational integrity and High level of confidentiality and superior organization skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated and advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint)
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to influence Law Enforcement to resolve ORC investigations and knowledge and expertise in preparing for and testifying in Local/State/Federal Court.
- Flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business (schedule may include evenings, weekends and holidays)
- In-town (within assigned market) and out-of-town travel as needed
- Normal office demands (home office)
Apply on company website