Posted Date: Jun 1, 2020
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.Job Summary
The Chief Culinary Officer/Senior Vice President – Culinary Services is a key member of the executive team, providing ongoing culinary innovation and strategic development of the culinary teams in Unidine and Lifestyles. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position will provide culinary innovation and strategic direction to support client needs and resident/patient satisfaction. This role will have overall accountability for setting culinary standards and team training, ensuring compliance, achieving profitability, and demonstrating our business values.
This position is responsible for defining and executing Unidine's culinary programs, strategy and food philosophy to ultimately drive top line growth while improving ROI. This role will drive new innovative culinary programs for Unidine and will stay current (and ahead of) any new trends in the industry.Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Responsible for developing long-term culinary innovation strategy and culinary standards that balances consumer expectations with corporate financial goals.
- Serve as the primary culinary subject matter expert within Unidine.
- Communicate, train and educate team members on the latest trends within the industry.
- Generate revenue by building top line driven initiatives, while understanding the importance of middle and bottom line tactics.
- Provides overall guidance, inspiration, direction & training for all culinary team members
- Liaison with FoodBuy, and other cross-sector initiatives.
- Determine sector attributes
- Manager data from FB for Culinary Team
- Monthly VAP Meetings/Calls
- Product reviews
- Product specifications
- Attend FB related meetings as required
- Monthly slow/dead process
- Review for appropriateness
- Monthly courtesy shipment allocations
- Builds strategic alliances and partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business strategies
- Liaison with the Marketing team
- Final approval for all promos
- Recipes from vendors
- Review/approve distribution matrix
- Final approval for all promos
- Leads MUS culinary integrity by partnering with Nutrition, Wellness & Sustainability and FoodBuy
- Partners with VP's and Regional Directors to develop and implement culinary policies, procedures, and standards to achieve company goals
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of each sector's key culinary needs and take appropriate actions
- Work with VP's to analyze monthly broad line inventory control and food costs and takes immediate actions on budget variances
- Develops team members through appropriate training, coaching and mentoring to ensure strong culinary expertise and performance
- Support Center Culinary Team Management
- Orientation support
- Sales presentation support
- R&D Team
- Ability to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Webtrition Owner for MMS
- Culinary Administration
- S,G &A
- Budget Development
- Monthly Tracking
- Monthly Transfer Projections
- Manager MHC Culinary sector on My Compass
- Coordinate funding and support for CCC events
- Manage ingredient selection process
- Manage CEC calendar
- Manage floating Culinary team members
- Manage MHC/TPS Vending Program
Responsible for helping Unidine achieve financial goals and objectives to increase operating performance.Position Requirements:
- The successful candidate will have a BS Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in the food service industry, preferable with tenure in both restaurants/casual dining environments and contract food service management companies.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining a standardized recipes for various sectors, with a working knowledge and experience applying health and nutritional concepts to the menus.
- High level culinary/kitchen management experience in a multi-unit environment in high volume, complex food service operations
- Strong executive presence
- Minimum 5+ years related experience at VP, Culinary level in Contract Food Management or Premium Restaurants.
- Demonstrated success at delivering high quality positive, sustained results
- Ability to manage over a large and geographically diverse market area
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Organizational agility with strong negotiation skills
Apply to Unidine today!
Unidine is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 395005
JULIE A LEYVA
Apply on company website