Posted Date: Jul 14, 2020
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
This key leader will communicate, train and provide implementation support on marketing and merchandising elements for all company consumer experience programs and services. This will include the on-site dining program and menu strategy, décor, signage, product merchandizing, hospitality and selling interactions, pricing, and promotion.
Solid strategic thinking, business acumen, marketing and creative skills are essential. Continuously document and refine company marketing standards and communicate these across the company's market segments. Create solutions that will enhance the customer experience, promotion effectiveness, sale of products and customer service and hospitality.Long Description
Essential Functions and key tasks:
- Trains and implements the company consumer facing and front-of-the-house programs, systems and processes in existing and new retail service cafes and senior living dining rooms in client communities and all their dining options within a community
- Supports implementation with our operators and creates the distinctive retail image and merchandising strategy that distinguishes Unidine locations,( i.e. when a customer walks into a location we create a first impression that the café and dining room is clean, inviting, and tasteful and projects quality and attention to detail.)
- Ensures Quality Assurance with every site visit. Assess the front of the house operation for the customer experience, signature programs being in place and operating standards.
- Ensures tools and processes are trained to and in place for the operators to sustain the programs to standards on a daily basis
- Develop marketing &merchandising operations tools (with diagrams & pictures) that provides for appropriate merchandising looks, lists the equipment, signage and other materials to be used within the Unidine retail and senior living dining standard.
- Work with Culinary Team as needed in communication, training and implementation support
- Work with Dining services teams to help implement program standards during new program launches
- Develop implementation tools and materials, modules and procedures pertaining to dining programs, practices and procedures for use in the training and development of company team members.
- Use operations performance statistics to measure the effectiveness of our dining programs and make adjustments in services, products and practices in order to yield higher contribution rates or lower costs
- Develop a retail /dining services audit to use in measuring implementation and maintenance of company retail services, standards of practice, programs and processes.
- Supports new business development in the sales survey, solution development, proposal, client presentations as needed
- Supports special events in the field as needed for trade shows, company CCC events.
- Supports new account openings
- BS / BA degree
- 5 plus years marketing experience in the food service, restaurant or retail dining business or an Operations/Culinary background with demonstrated ability to market programs, merchandising skills and superior customer experience creation that is considered cutting edge and industry leading in the visual execution and presentation
- Operations knowledge and understanding
- Strong culinary, catering and service skills are a plus but not required
- Graphics background is a plus but not required
Position requires working knowledge of the following applications: MS Office, especially Power Point.
Working knowledge of any graphics programs.
- Valid driver's license
Any required state/local certifications or registrations
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Apply on company website