$13.00/hr Depending on experience
Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Paid Time Off with Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma preferred. Culinary and catering wait-service related. Education most beneficial. Experience in catering, restaurant and food service is necessary. Both service and production experience essential. The ability to maintain rapport with customers and strong public relations images are essential.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- Works in a well-lighted, heated and ventilated building. Hours may vary to accommodate needs in the department as prescribed by the philosophy of the hospital.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position requires interaction with cafeteria staff, production, and dietary in order to facilitate a quality multi-disciplinary approach to patient and customer care.
- Job Description
- The Banquet Captain is responsible for overseeing the general organization of all catered events. He/She serves as a leader/liaison for the catering aides and sanitation aides. Duties include: ensuring proper set up of rooms; delivering foods and cleaning (or assign cleaning of) areas following meal service. Also, coordinating staff with daily assignments, and ensuring that pulls are completed and ready for next shiftâ€™s drops/functions. The Banquet Captain performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- None specified
- Physical Capabilities
- The position requires long hours, extensive walking, standing and cart pushing. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Skills and Abilities
- Articulate verbal communication skills with excellent customer relation skills.
Apply on company website