UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- 3 West is a 33 bed Medical Surgical Orthopedic Trauma and Surgical Unit. We provide quality patient care to a diverse patient population; young adults up to geriatrics, planned joint replacements to trauma, and patients admitted for other medical disease processes. The specialty focus for 3 West is orthopedics trauma and surgery; total joint replacements and fractures. 3 West offers a Joint Mobility Camp for our patients that have undergone joint procedures. 3 West provides a learning conducive comprehensive orientation that uses interdisciplinary collaboration.
- CNAs are responsible for providing basic patient care under the supervision of a nurse. The duties generally include observing patients, recording vital signs, performing EKGs, and reporting changes in patient conditions.
- Applicant has completed Nurse Aide course and presents Nurse Aide Certification.
- Must maintain a current BLS certification from American Heart Association
- UMC Hospital Orientation & Nursing Orientation
- Unit specific orientation to be determined by the hiring department
- Orientation length is individually based and will be determined by Director
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off (Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year)
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website