Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
General Job / Performance Information
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Environmental / Working Conditions
- This position is mostly subject to inside environmental conditions, however, may be required to be outdoors occasionally. May requires frequent work with environmental hazards (ie. noisy environment, with infectious agents, near power supplies/machinery, etc.) Occasionally may require work with toxic chemicals. Danger from falls, cuts and abrasions is present. Subject to various shifts. Subject to call-backs at all times. Telephone or equivalent is required.
Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- Interacts on a daily basis with staff, visitors and patients.
- Performs a variety of duties in and around the hospital complex to insure the safe and efficient operation and repair of all equipment and support systems in accordance with accreditation standards. The items include, but are not limited to, plumbing, electrical, electronic at board level, HVAC systems, building maintenance and patient care equipment. Performs all other duties as assigned. Working and performing electrical and preventative maintenance duties alongside the Master Electrician and Licensed Journeyman in order to acquire mandatory on the job training as required by TDLR – State of Texas.
Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- Technical schooling and certifications preferred
- Apprentice license issued by TDLR – State of Texas
- Work is of medium demand (ie. walking, climbing, stooping, physical exertion and heavy lifting on occasion).
Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with plumbing, electrical, painting, mechanical repair and general building techniques.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website