Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Paid Time Off with Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Education and Experience
High School diploma or equipvalent.
3-4 Years Experience Preferred.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- This position is mostly subject to inside environmental conditions, however, may be required to be outdoors occasionally. May requires frequent work with environmental hazards (ie. noisy environment, with infectious agents, near power supplies/machinery, etc.) Occasionally may require work with toxic chemicals. Danger from falls, cuts and abrasions is present. Subject to various shifts. Subject to call-backs at all times. Telephone or equivalent is required.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
Interacts on a daily basis with staff, visitors and patients.
- Job Description
- Performs a variety of duties in and around the hospital complex to insure the safe and efficient operation and repair of all equipment and support systems in accordance with JCAHO standards. The items include, but are not limited to, plumbing, electrical, electronics at board level, HVAC systems, building maintenance and patient care equipment. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- Technical schooling and certifications preferred.
- Physical Capabilities
- Work is of medium demand (ie. walking, climbing, stooping, physical exertion and heavy lifting on occasion).
- Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with plumbing, electrical, painting, mechanical repair and general building techniques.
Apply on company website