Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
General Job / Performance Information
Education and Experience
- Education-High School Diploma and Equivalent Experience-Basic knowledge of laboratory methods, procedures, and terminology is desired.
Environmental / Working Conditions
- The work is of High Risk for exposure to biological and chemical hazards.
Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position has much interaction with nursing staff, and occasional interaction with medical staff.
- The Laboratory Assistant will function as an assistant to laboratory staff in action(s) assigned. The specimens handled may include blood, urine, body fluids, and other material for biological and chemical analysis. The Laboratory Assistant will perform only such tasks for the laboratory that do not require licensure. Some Laboratory Assistants will perform moderately complex testing that includes pregnancy tests, H.pylori Rapid Test, MONO Rapid Test, and acetone testing. Additional duties are assigned as needed.
Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- None required-(Grade 14) ASCP Registry and Equivalent-(Grade 15)
- The work for a Laboratory Assistant may demand continuous standing, walking, frequent stooping, sitting, reaching, bending and kneeling. The Laboratory Assistant may also be required to carry items over 50 pounds. Near visual acuity is required. The Laboratory Assistant must be able to communicate verbally, effectively in English. The hours of duty may be irregular to accommodate departmental requirements.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of laboratory methods, procedures, and terminology is desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website