Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
General Job / Performance Information
- Education and Experience
- Education-High School Diploma and Equivalent Experience-Basic knowledge of laboratory methods, procedures, and terminology is desired.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- The work is of High Risk for exposure to biological and chemical hazards.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position has much interaction with nursing staff, and occasional interaction with medical staff.
- Job Description
- The Phlebotomist will function as a collector of specimens from patients. The specimens may include blood and any material for biological and chemical analysis. The Phlebotomist will perform only such tasks for the laboratory that do not require licensure. Additional duties may be assigned as need arises.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- None required-(Grade 14) ASCP Registry and Equivalent-(Grade 15)
- Physical Capabilities
- The work for the Phlebotomist may demand continuous standing, walking, frequent stooping, sitting, reaching, bending and kneeling. The Phlebotomist may also be required to carry items over 50 pounds. Near visual acuity is required. All Phlebotomist must be able to communicate verbally effectively in English. The hours of duty may be irregular to accommodate departmental requirements.
- Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of laboratory methods, procedures, and terminology is desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website