Registered Nurse – Intermediate Critical Care Unit (ICU step down)
** Completion Bonus Available for Qualified Applicants
Shift – Schedule: FT DAYS 7a-7p
- The Med- Surg ICCU is a brand new state of the art 30-bed intermediate critical care inpatient unit that prides itself in providing patient centered family care to adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient populations. The mission of this unit will be to provide the utmost quality of care to patients and families along with physician collaboration to those patients that require a higher level of care but do not fit the care needs that an intensive care setting provides. We envision a care model that places focus on nurses delivering exceptional care and emphasizes a Primary Care Nursing model with nurse-to-patient ratios ideally 3:1. A nurse on our care team will be encouraged to grow and learn in a supportive team-oriented environment where each individual is satisfied, energized, and productive. Nurses will be dynamic in knowledge and skill as our patient's service lines will be diverse, and will support the delivery of care model that UMC embodies. Nurses serving in this unit can precipitate caring for patients with these conditions but certainly not limited to the following: acute GI bleed controlled with intervention and hemodynamically stable, DKA, post neurological trauma/intervention, post stroke with and without intervention, patients requiring CPAP, BiPAP, high-flow oxygen, or mechanical ventilation whom are medically stable, continuous intermediate cardiac and hemodynamic monitoring, and patients requiring nursing interventions every 2 hours for (pulse ox, neuro checks, complex wound care, glucose monitoring); vital signs hourly for up to 4 hours. A multi-disciplinary approach to nursing care is utilized on the ICCU.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification from American Heart Association
- Provides professional nursing care to patients and provides supervision and guidance to the members of the nursing staff.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Valid Texas RN License/Eligible Compact License
- Experienced RN
- UMC Hospital Orientation
- Unit specific orientation
- Galen E-learning Curriculum Modules / Online Nursing Competency Validation
- Electronic Documentation
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible scheduling
- No mandatory floating/overtime
- Nurse to patient ratio: 1:3/4
- Educational Reimbursement for pursing BSN/MSN after 90 days of employment
- Sign on Bonus available (if applicable)
- Relocation assistance available (if applicable)
UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include
- Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
- Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Magnet designated Hospital
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only Level I Burn Center
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website