Registered Nurse –Neuro ICU Night Charge Nurse
** Completion Bonus Available for Qualified Applicants
Shift – Schedule: FT Nights 7P-7A
Departmental DescriptionThe Neuro ICU is a 16 bed critical care inpatient unit providing nursing care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients meeting the admission criteria. The goals of the unit are to provide high quality care to critically ill patients admitted to the Neuro ICU and return the injured/critically ill back to a healthy state. These goals are accomplished while also improving healthcare through research and education for patients with immediately life-threatening neurological problems. This is accomplished through a multidisciplinary effort that considers all aspects of a person's life, including his or her physical, social, spiritual and psychological well-being. A multi-disciplinary approach to nursing care is utilized in the Neuro ICU. The nurse-to-patient ratio is a goal of 1-2 patients per 1 nurse. This can be adjusted by the charge nurse according to patient and staffing needs. This delivery care model dictates that the ideal candidate must be able to coordinate needed patient care with all disciplines. The ideal candidate must be able to make the education of patients and families a top priority and coordinate the necessary patient care with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification from American Heart Association
- Provides professional nursing care to patients and provides supervision and guidance to the members of the nursing staff.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Valid Texas RN License/Eligible Compact License
- BSN Required
- Minimum of 2 Years of ICU
- CCRN Preferred
- Must be willing to stay Night Charge Nurse for a minimum of 1 year.
- UMC Hospital Orientation
- Unit specific orientation
- Galen E-learning Curriculum Modules / Online Nursing Competency Validation
- Electronic Documentation
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible scheduling
- No mandatory floating/overtime
- Educational Reimbursement for pursing MSN after 90 days of employment
- Sign on Bonus available (if applicable)
- Relocation assistance available (if applicable)
UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include
- Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
- Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Magnet designated Hospital
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only Level I Burn Center
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website