Under general supervision, the incumbent will serve as part of the Student and College Engagement team. The incumbent is assigned primary responsibility for career counseling and career readiness programs that support the Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering (BCOE) students. The incumbent develops, improves, and leverages relationships with Deans, Associate Deans, Department Chairs, Faculty, and Student Organizations to accomplish career readiness goals and objectives. Improves and maintains relationships with key employers. Develops and leverages relationships with BCOE alumni. The budgeted range is $50,000-74,300. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required Previous experience providing career services for a university career center. Preferred
Minimum Requirements Strong knowledge of career development theories, adult development theory, counseling process, career coaching techniques, career decision making, learning styles, and job search techniques.
Ability to work well under pressure, with the flexibility to respond to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads. Proven skills in organizing work, defining tasks, prioritizing assignments, and follow through.
Ability to serve as Career Center and UCR representative at on and off campus events, professional meetings, and conferences.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must effectively be able to deliver information in a clear, concise and articulate manner to both students and employers. Experience delivering presentations to both small and large groups.
Ability to work with people from diverse cultures.
Ability to collaborate across campus by serving on task forces and committees as assigned by direct supervisor.
Ability to design and modify computer applications to meet program needs, problem identification, presentation skills, verbal communication, written communication, and organization skills.
Thorough knowledge of needs assessment theory, processes, and practice; workshop and program design.
Ability to administer and interpret vocational tests as appropriate.
Preferred Qualifications Demonstrated knowledge in evaluating and using social media for student engagement.
Ability to select and use appropriate technology to accomplish a given task.
Knowledge of Handshake CSM.
Knowledge of UC programs, career services, employer, alumni, and faculty needs and expectations, recruiting and staffing methods, and employment trends.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website