The Center for Environmental Research & Technology (CE-CERT) is seeking a Senior Analyst to assist principal investigators (PIs) with pre- and post-award administration of contracts and grants. Under general direction from the Financial Operations Manager, the incumbent will provide leadership and high-level technical support for the proposal submission process and post-award fund administration. This support will include developing a broad foundation of sponsor and university policies. The incumbent will work with a variety of federal and some non-federal sponsors including the NSF, California Energy Commission (CEC), Department of Energy (DOE), and will be responsible for proposals and awards of diverse scope. This includes analysis of data thorough understanding of complex regulations and providing guidance to principal investigators in the management of their funds. Proposals and awards may involve multi-collaborative and multi-institutional stakeholders as well as communicating effectively among various departments on campus to ensure timely submission of reports and grant proposals. The budgeted salary for this position will not exceed $81,800. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Ability to manage significant volume of transactions.
Demonstrated knowledge of effective grant funding processes, procedures and techniques.
Thorough understanding of research administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in a university environment.
Ability to perform complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Thorough knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Strong writing skills in a variety of styles to draft persuasive text for a variety of audiences while ensuring adherence to funding sponsor's guidelines.
Ability to maintain independent judgment; strong organization and communication skills; and a customer service focus across broad and diverse subject areas.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website