Participates with other counselors and the Assistant Director in the ongoing development and enhancement of the UCR Financial Aid Office processing system (Banner). Presents financial aid information to both on- and off-campus groups of incoming, continuing, and prospective students. Actively contributes to discussions and recommends change when appropriate to better meet the needs of the populations served; has an understanding of the special needs and problems experienced by students from disadvantaged backgrounds and addresses these needs by offering supportive guidance or options and when appropriate financial assistance. Provides guidance and explanation on supplementary forms needed to meet individual circumstances; composes correspondence to students and other clients relative to aid eligibility, financial aid policy, and procedures; performs special assignments and other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid, Associate Director, or Assistant Director. Please note: A Cover Letter is required. The budgeted hiring range for this position is up to $45,300-$67,400. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Ability to apply knowledge of policies to individual situations.
Experience using complex databases.
Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Problem identification and critical thinking skills.
Basic knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices for awarding financial aid.
Ability to calculate financial aid with attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to assess processes and recommend improvements. Good interpersonal skills.
Basic knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Proficiency with standard office software, internet, and email applications. Basic knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
Demonstrates written and verbal communication skills. Active listening skills. Possesses customer service orientation skills.
Preferred Qualifications Basic knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website