The Financial Reporting Analyst will be responsible for providing financial and analytical support to the Business Operations team and/or FAOs across the School of Medicine (SOM). Under general supervision from the SOM Controller, the incumbent will develop financial models, reports and analysis to help improve and/or sustain data integrity and the overall accuracy of financials presented to manages and/or unit heads. S/he will be a key member of the Business Operations analytics team who will develop/update standard reporting templates, and will also be responsible for independently creating new basic financial reports, as well as for managing the ledger reconciliation process for several units, while ensuring compliance with UCR and general fund accounting principles. This role also requires the incumbent to possess strong collaboration skills as many assignments are completed under a work-group setting. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 0 - 1 years of related experience. Required
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Overtime Required Travel Required
Minimum Requirements Basic interpersonal skills; broad service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail. Under management guidance, uses organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment.
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Basic knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Basic proficiency using spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
Acquiring ability to gather reasonably retrievable information to organize and perform basic financial analysis assignments.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Basic knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
Preferred Qualifications Intermediate or advance excel skills in order to develop financial reports, as well as to merge data from different data sources.
Basic fund accounting knowledge as well as familiarity with basic GAAP principles.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website