Under general supervision, the Risk Analyst will work on occupational and non-occupational risk management programs to include providing administrative support, claims intake, investigation, and analysis for Risk Management. The position will assist in the administration of claims management activities to include General, Auto, Property, EPL, Professional Liability and Workers Compensation. The Risk Analyst will support the strategic planning and programmatic analysis of the entire Risk Management unit, including identifying programs supporting UCR's legal and technical compliance. They will interface at all levels within the organization and will serve in committees as a representative of the Risk Management team during UC System-wide training, conferences, events, etc. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Certifications Certification Requirement Professional certification. Preferred Certificate in Related Area (i.e. Claims Administration, Risk Management Professional, Workers' Compensation) Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Proven ability to use critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems.
Thorough knowledge in the following areas: risk management; insurance; forecasting and analysis; accounting; knowledge of common organization-specific computer application programs; knowledge of organizational processes and procedures; understanding of organization rules and regulations.
Proven interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, active listening skills, and organizational skills.
Strong skills required to develop course materials and deliver content effectively to diverse populations.
Proven ability to concisely present complex risk findings and make recommendations verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe).
Knowledge of higher education practices and policies.
Knowledge of State and Federal laws/ mandates and interactions with higher education practices/ policies.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website