Under general supervision, the Staff Pharmacist II is responsible for the provision and documentation of medications and medication-related services to patients, according to standards established by the Department of Pharmacy. This position will provide medication therapy management services for patients in the Ambulatory Care clinics and assist existing Ambulatory Care Pharmacists with vacation, leave, and other coverages. Most notable clinics to require coverage may include but are not limited to Pharmacy Medication Access Clinic (Refill Clinic), Population Health via virtual MTM, and Anticoagulation Clinic.
The pharmacist may serve as preceptor to pharmacy students and residents as assigned. Additional responsibilities may include participation in Medical Center and Departmental committees, promotion of institution-wide medication use policies, and completion of other activities assigned at the discretion of managers and supervisors.
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (Pharm D) or equivalent training.
Post graduate year 1 [PGY1] in Pharmacy Practice; or equivalent experience.
Registered Pharmacist - issued by the state of California (RPH).
- Board Certification in Ambulatory Care Pharmacy (BCACP), Pharmacotherapy Specialists (BCPS), or applicable specialty area.
- Completion of PGY2 Pharmacy Residency.
- Previous experience providing pharmaceutical care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Experience with Epic EHR functionality.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Apply on company website