Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, organize and administer motivational and informational programs throughout California aimed at increasing UCR enrollment of transfer students from community colleges and a limited number of high schools. Responsible for all phases of eligibility evaluation of transfer and a limited number of freshman applicants based on self-reported information, official transcripts, and other pertinent documents. As an official representative of the University, is available to prospective and admitted students, their families, the campus community, and the general public to interpret, enforce, and explain University policies and regulations. Represents Undergraduate Admissions and the University at workshops, counselor conferences, college fairs, community college visits, and a variety of on and off-campus yield events. The budgeted salary range for this position $21.70 - $32.28 per hour. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required Demonstrated experience working with an on-line application evaluation tool. Preferred Demonstrated experience working with a Student Information system. Preferred
Minimum Requirements Ability to effectively manage a large volume of undergraduate admissions applications and multiple programs in a timely manner while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations and other institutions.
Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
Skill in organizing and setting priorities that accurately reflect the importance of the job responsibilities.
Skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of customers to achieve excellent customer service measured by outcomes rather than activities.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices, or procedures to identify relevant concerns, identify patterns or tendencies, formulate logical and objective conclusions.
Demonstrated undergraduate experience in: a) recruitment of prospective students; b) evaluating applications, transcripts, and supplemental documentation; and c) making admissions decisions on prospective applicants, to include full consideration of academic records and subjective criteria.
Working knowledge of admissions requirements for campus/school/college.
Preferred Qualifications Working knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs at UC.
Working knowledge of UC, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective applicants and the public.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website