The budgeted amount for this position is up to $65,000. The university advancement administration finance coordinator provides financial, administrative, and daily support to Advancement's budget and operations manager, and related staff. Responsibilities will include training administrative staff on UC Riverside financial systems, reconciling budget reports and ledgers, serving as the primary transactor for University Communications, Administration, and supporting the fiscal operations of University Advancement. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must pass a background check. Required
Minimum Requirements Ability to display initiative and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Leadership skills to provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to professional and support staff.
Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and decision making; ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Ability to organize work, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
Thorough knowledge of financial processes, policies and procedures.
Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional working relationships, and work as part of a team to achieve departmental goal and objectives.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Preferred Qualifications Strong proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Familiarity with UC Riverside's financial systems including ePay, eBuy, and iTravel.
Knowledge of UC policies and procedures related to finance, purchasing, payroll, personnel, human resources, travel, and entertainment.
Thorough knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems.
Experience using eBuy, ePay, and iTravel.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website