University of Maryland Capitol Region Health is an integrated not-for-profit, community-owned organization comprised of two hospitals and several other healthcare facilities providing comprehensive, quality healthcare services to the residents of Prince George's County, Maryland, and surrounding areas. Both hospitals within University of Maryland Capitol Region Health have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report. University of Maryland Capitol Region Health is the largest healthcare system headquartered in Prince George's County. Facilities: Bowie Health Campus, Family Health and Wellness Center, Glenridge Medical Center, Laurel Regional Hospital, and Prince George's Hospital Center. Mission: To provide comprehensive health care of the highest quality to residents and others who use our services while strengthening our relationship with universities, research and healthcare organizations to ensure best-in-class patient care. UMMS Capital Region Medical Center, our brand new, state of the art, full-service acute care hospital, located in Largo, Maryland will in mid-June, 2021
A. Clinical Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates competence in clinical assessment and decision -making including diagnostic reasoning and problem solving.
2. Performs comprehensive history and physical assessment for patients admitted/scheduled to service/practice setting.
3. Orders, obtains and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests.
4. Establishes medical diagnosis based on history, assessment, and diagnostic findings.
5. Designs, orders and documents appropriate treatment plans/plans of care including prescriptions of medications based on a comprehensive review of HPI and diagnostic results.
6. Initiates protocols/clinical pathways, evaluates the plan of care ensuring timely intervention.
7. Performs invasive procedures. Central, Arterial, Hemodialysis, Pulmonary Artery Catheter line, insertion / pulling chest tubes, Thoracentesis, removal of Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
8. Collaborates with attending physicians and clinicians regarding admission, discharge and transfer decisions.
9. Presents patients in the Advanced Practice Provider’s caseload on rounds.
10. Communicates plan of care with the interdisciplinary team.
11. Incorporates the patient and family in their healthcare plan; communicates plan of care with the patients and family members. Provides patient and family instruction related to the plan of care, disease process, new treatment plans, and medication regimens.
12. Counsels and educates patients and family members in disease process, health maintenance and health promotion activities. Provides primary, secondary, and tertiary preventive care services.
13. Initiates appropriate referrals and specialty consultations or other agency involvement as needed.
14. Facilitates patient flow. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team including case management ensuring appropriate and timely discharge. 15. Provides specialty consultation.
16. Advocates for patients ensuring patient/family participation in care, knowledge of treatment options, and understanding of patient rights. 17. Considers the holistic needs of patients and orchestrates resources (i.e. Pain service, palliative care).
18. Demonstrates ethical decision-making incorporating other healthcare team members as appropriate.
19. Uses evidenced based interventions and best practice guidelines in planning patient care.
20. Provides safe patient care through compliance with National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG).
21. Serves as a role model and educator for nurses and oth
Apply on company website