University of Maryland Urgent Care (UMUC), a member of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), is seeking a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to serve as a key leader and collaborative member of the UMUC leadership team for the UM Urgent Care centers in Maryland.
- CMO will perform as the medical staff leader in the delivery of clinical quality, safety, and patient and provider experience to fulfill the mission, vision and values of the UMUC enterprise.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing enterprise-wide clinical best-practices, programs and initiatives, and ensuring clinical teams possess the tools, resources, competencies, and capabilities to meet strategic and operational goals.
- Leads provider procurement and engagement efforts to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Ideal candidate will have extensive medical staff leadership experience, as well as business and operations experience.
- Must maintain an active unrestricted physician medical license in the state of Maryland as well as Board certification in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Internal Medicine.
- CMO will work 24 hours monthly providing direct patient care ‘shifts' with additional hours of clinical support as needed.
As an UMMS employee, you will receive:
- Market leading salary plus an incentive opportunity for achieving key performance indicators
- Comprehensive benefits package, including generous paid time off, malpractice with tail, CME, and employee discounts.
University of Maryland Urgent Care (UMUC) is currently comprised of 9 urgent care locations strategically positioned in the central Maryland and the Eastern Shore markets. UM Urgent Care, a subsidiary of the University of Maryland Medical System, offers care for a variety of non-emergency illnesses and injuries in a comfortable, patient centered environment. UMUC focuses on providing a superior patient experience and ensures patients receive high-quality health care that is convenient, comfortable and affordable. UMUC is respected and trusted by the communities we serve. We are poised for continued growth to achieve our goal of improving the everyday health of all patients throughout Maryland.
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is a university-based regional health care system focused on serving the health care needs of Maryland. As one of the largest private employers in the state, University of Maryland Medical System's 28,000 employees and 4,000 affiliated physicians provide primary and specialty care in more than 150 locations and at 13 hospitals.
Be part of a rich tradition of Medicine while shaping the future of care delivery.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website