Join the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, as we continue to expand of our current program! We are seeking a Pediatric Psychologist the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
Apply on-line: https://umb.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=2000010L&lang=en
- Superb working environment
- Collaborate with experts in neuropsychology, cardiology, and other pediatric specialties.
- Strong clinical outpatient practice with no inpatient responsibilities.
- Opportunity to engage in research with all pediatric specialties.
- Three clinical locations (suburban and urban)
- Care coordination support
- Robust residency program
- U.S. News & World Report rated programs
- No inpatient requirements
- Licensed Psychologist
- Very generous leave package
- Dependent tuition remission for any school within the University of Maryland system
- Excellent pension/retirement plans
- Very competitive salary with bonus opportunity
As a psychologist in our division you will conduct the evaluation and provide or oversee the psychotherapeutic treatment of the patient. You will also be involved in training, providing essential clinical experiences to local doctoral students, medical residents, and colleagues. Each month, a psychology team (comprised of a licensed psychologist and 2 clinical psychology trainees) can provide approximately 8 comprehensive psychological evaluations, 8 autism evaluations, and 50 therapy sessions. The psychology team can also offer group therapy, such as social skills groups, which can provide patients with more immediate intervention. Children with developmental disabilities, sickle cell disease, cardiac disease, cancer or epilepsy are at a higher risk for psychosocial distress and behavioral problems. As an in-house psychologist you will aid in patient follow though. You will also have the responsibility for referrals to other services within the Department of Pediatrics, as children with neurodevelopmental disabilities often require a team of specialists to reach their full potential.
We are seeking a dynamic individual interested in a clinical practice and resident educations in an outpatient setting, with no inpatient responsibilities. Our growing division sees children with the broad spectrum of developmental and behavioral issues, and we have a new neuropsychology program. In this position, the candidate may also be involved in the teaching of medical students, nurse practitioner students, pediatric and psychiatry residents.
Refer to Position # 03-314-483
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or
Apply on company website