The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is a university-based regional health care system focused on serving the health care needs of Maryland. We bring innovation, discovery and research to the care we provide all while educating the state’s future physicians and health care professionals through our partnership with the University of Maryland School of Medicine and the UM Schools of Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work in Baltimore.
The University of Maryland Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Institute (UM Rehab & Ortho) has an immediate opening available for a Board Certified/ Board Eligible Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) Physician.
- University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute (UM Rehab & Ortho) is the largest provider of inpatient rehabilitation care in the state of Maryland. We are a Just Culture Organization with a strong tradition in quality improvement, patient safety and leadership development.
- Provide PM&R - inpatient coverage for patients with stroke and other rehab related diagnosis.
- Opportunity to provide coverage to inpatients with stroke, neurological conditions, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, multi-trauma and other rehab-related diagnoses.
- Mostly inpatient position with two half days of physiatry clinic to follow up on patients with rehabilitation needs.
- Work/life balance supported by very manageable weekend call rotation (1:6) with weeknights and weekend acute medical issues covered by the in-house hospitalist.
- Join a collaborative team of dedicated rehabilitation professionals that includes physical, occupational, speech therapists, recreational therapists, rehabilitation physicians, and rehabilitation scientists within the University of Maryland.
- Academic appointment and teaching opportunities are available if desired
As a UMMS provider, you can expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Retirement plan – 403-B with employer match
Apply on company website