University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus (UMMC Midtown), a member of the University of Maryland Medical System, is a 179-bed urban community hospital, providing care in more than 30 medical specialties to more than 120,000 patients. Our team of more than 500 doctors and 1,000 employees cares for each patient with expertise and compassion.
UMMC Midtown Campus is seeking PRN Hospitalists and Nocturnists to join its staff in response to the current and anticipated COVID-19 healthcare emergency.
- 12-hour shifts available, both days and nights
- Ideal candidates will be available to work a 7 on/ 7 off schedule
- 18 patient panel covered during the day; Nocturnist will cover whole house and admissions
- Patients will include COVID positive and PUI's
- Teaching opportunities available, although not required
- Will be scheduled as shifts become available or as coverage needs increase
- Licensure: active, current, and unrestricted. Any US state.
- BE/BC in Internal Medicine. Prior experience working as a Hospitalist is preferred
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must be able to perform duties in a stressful and fast-paced environment without physical limitations.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes and flexibility in work requirements to include potential shift changes based on operational needs and/or command priorities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website