University of Maryland Joseph Medical Center (UM-SJMC), a member hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), has an immediate opening for Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their inpatient team. This position will be treating post-operative patients.
- 12 hour shifts, Days, nights, and weekends available
- 1-2 years of post-op hospital based surgery care experience highly preferred
- NP's must have Acute Care certification
- PA's must have experience beyond clinical training
- Will consider new grad NPs with prior experience as an RN working with hospitalized surgery patients
Education and Experience
- For NPs, Master of Science degree with completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program required. For PA's, Bachelor's Degree: Physician Assistant required. Master's preferred.
- Current state licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required. NPs must hold Acute Care NP certification
- Current BLS certification or obtained prior to providing direct patient care is required.
- DEA and CDS eligible
As a UMMS provider, you can expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403-B with employer match
Be part of a rich tradition of Medicine while shaping the future of care delivery.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website