We will consider candidates from GA, KY, MD or NJ
We're the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Architecture and Infrastructure at UPS Technology:
Our Architects look at the overall company goals and use their technical skills and strategic thinking to build the strategies that allow these goals to become a reality. If you join our team, you will be involved with developing these strategic plans while also setting standards and developing roadmaps for the future state of our enterprise architecture. We have the business savvy paired with the technical know-how to ensure we continue our innovative and competitive culture.
About this role:
The Applications Architect influences the development and implementation of Information Technology (I.T.) strategy, initiatives, and governing policies. S/he conceives solutions, builds consensus, and sells and executes solutions across business areas and initiatives & products. The Applications Architect supports I.T. leadership by planning and leading the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering value to internal and external stakeholders. S/he will be responsible for working with other architects in the development of strategies, roadmaps, & solutions. The selected candidate will analyze technologies aligned with I.T. strategies & roadmaps; drive new solutions to reduce technical debt & cost and increase business value; influence, review, create robust documentation and present to peers and senior managers to ensure appropriate communication and drive consensus. The Applications Architect will also provide technical leadership and guidance to team, integrate security practices within software design, and investigate and plan the use of emerging technology.
- Expert with Architectural Patterns, Architecture and Product Roadmapping, Multitier Application Architecture
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with highly available, large scale, multi-platform systems
- Experience developing software solutions
- Knowledge of DevOps and OpenShift, Agile and Scrum Concepts, InfoSec best practices, database design principles, Couchbase and Cloud based solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Planning/Time Management
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong negotiation skills
- Collaboration skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Apply on company website