UPS Capital is further expanding in the UK and now seeks a Cargo/Marine underwriter to be the head of our newly to be created underwriting team from our London, Camden office.
This is an exciting opportunity to build your own team here in the UK. You will develop and be responsible for the quality of the team and its output.
What you'll do
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring adherence to Underwriting framework / guidelines within own department
- Ensure continuous improvement of direct reports and self by developing and executing on development plans
- Audit employee's Underwriting proposals
- Process complex and large deals from submittal to issuing proposals
- Evaluate potential risk, processes insurance quotes, and responds to internal and external customer requests for information
- Support policy modifications and renewals for existing customers
- Assist with other policy administration activities
- Perform tasks ensuring quality and overall complete customer service including accurate reports for Management
- Coordinate communication with UPS Capital (UPSC) sales managers in their support of managing customer opportunities
- Investigate customer shipping background and behaviors
- Monitor Risk Assessment Criteria (RAC) requests submitted by employees
What you'll need
- Cargo Insurance underwriting experience is a Must Have requirement
- Strong communication skills including the ability to handle challenging situations
- Fluent in English, additional language skills beneficial
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proficient MS-Office – especially Word and Excel skills
- Educated to Degree level
- Chartered Insitute Insurance certification is a plus
What you'll get
Industry-leading training will build on your existing talents plus opportunities to develop your professional and technical job specific education and if career advancement is important to you development opportunities are available. You can also look forward to a competitive salary, annual Bonus and excellent benefits including pension scheme and discounts at major retailers (like Apple), cinemas and attractions such as Alton Towers or The London Eye. Our Camden facility has limited onsite parking and is a convenient 2 minute walk from Kentish Town station which has direct links into Central London.
During the current COVID 19 outbreak we are enabling all staff to work remotely from home providing all necessary equipment.
About UPS Capital
UPS Capital is one of the fastest growing business units of UPS which provides risk mitigation and financial solutions for businesses of all sizes and industries.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website