Driver's Mate - Cambridge
To support our team of delivery drivers during the busy Peak season, UPS is hiring temporary seasonal Driver's Mates. The role will involve meeting drivers at a pre-determined location within the local area of the relevant UPS Centre. Our Driver's Mates will be paired with one of our experienced drivers to assist in making deliveries.
Driver's Mates are paid from the time you meet our driver until you're released. This guarantees 20 hours' work each week which will mainly be from 10am to 2pm, Monday to Friday, but this may vary. The role is all about doing what's required to speed up deliveries and collections. Impress us and it could be your foot in the door for a permanent role.
We're looking for people who can commit to work with us from October until the end of December - possibly extending into January 2022.
You will need to live in or within easy reach of the CB4 area of Cambridge.
What you'll get:
- Pay rate for Driver's Mates is £10.56 an hour and this will be paid weekly
- Wide range of benefits from a company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme
- UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy', with all our employees having the opportunity to progress
What you'll do:
- Complete multiple foot package deliveries and collections
- Prioritise your workload, collect payment where necessary and complete all paperwork to ensure time commitments are met
- Look smart (we have guidelines), think smart and act smart at all time to deliver a quality service
What you'll need:
- Anyone aged 17 or over is eligible to apply
- Experience in a similar role would be ideal
- Good communication skills, common sense and customer focus
- A flexible, organised, team-oriented approach; good under pressure
- The initiative to meet deadlines
- Upbeat, positive, friendly attitude
How we recruit:
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The safety of our people, our customers and our community is our priority. As well as receiving industry leading Health and Safety training relevant to your role, rest assured that we have implemented stringent safety measures in all of our facilities during the ongoing Coronavirus climate. These include contactless deliveries to allow for social distancing, more frequent facility deep cleaning and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on the job and in your vehicle.
Apply on company website