This position assists the Asset Manager with buildings and facilities projects. The incumbent supports the Real Estate and Facilities Committee (REFCO) process through gathering requests, evaluating projects, providing alternatives and recommendations to the Asset Manager for submission to REFCO. This role contributes to the development of ten-year projections, planning and supports the Asset Manager in working with real estate groups on lease renewals, purchase opportunities, and building expansions. The incumbent collaborates with various functions on projects and determines equipment needs for business units.
This position gathers project requests from business units to determine the upcoming year's capital needs. The incumbent evaluates projects to ensure procedural requirements are being met consistently with accuracy of information. This role validates Marketing volume forecasts to develop ten-year projections by service center. The incumbent collaborates with Plant Engineering, Real Estate, and other business units to develop project alternatives and costs and to support the REFCO process.
- Develops a capacity model for review and approval by senior management to determine future building, facility, and automotive requirements
- Determines facility requirements and issues for lease renewals to ensure lease renewal agreements fit with five-year plans (e.g., capacity requirements, etc.) and landlord issues are addressed
- Collaborates with Fleet Services, Finance, and Plant Engineering to determine equipment requirements
- Manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals/expectations
- Demonstrates an understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer/business and uses the business need to help define the project's requirements
- Understands common estimation and forecasting techniques; identifies items that require estimation; identifies relevant data sources; identifies general trends in relevant data
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle
- Manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands and employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Engineering or related field
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Apply on company website