Driver Helper Position Summary:
In order to ensure we are able to maintain service excellence throughout our peak period, we have exciting opportunities available assisting our drivers as temporary driver helpers.
This role will involve meeting drivers, at predetermined locations, in order to assist with deliveries and collections during peak periods. Helpers will be paid for all hours worked from the point of meeting with the driver until completion of duties.
Whilst we can guarantee 20 hours per week, further hours will vary dependant on volumes and specific areas, it is anticipated that helpers will, in the main, be required to work from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm. Similarly whilst during the busiest weeks, we expect helpers to be required Monday to Friday, in quieter periods this may differ.
Salary starts from £10.56 per hour plus £1.01 per hour Location Allowance and will be paid weekly. We are looking for candidates to be available to start this role ASAP.
Opportunities to apply for permanent roles within UPS will be available for suitable candidates.
We are recruiting for driver helpers in the following postcode areas, please only apply if you live in (or are able to travel to) these postcodes:
- Complete multiple deliveries and collections of packages on foot.
- Prioritize workload to ensure time commitments are met.
- Check for 'cash on delivery' packages and ensure all monies are collected.
- Ensure correct completion of UPS paperwork
- Expected to comply with UPS Policy Code and appearance guidelines. .
- To project a high quality UPS image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality service to our customers at all times.
Key Skills / Experience:
- Some experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Flexible working approach as overtime will be required.
- Be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
Apply on company website