Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to begin your career in sales? UPS is seeking a Non-National Inside Sales Representative (ISR), and we want to hear from you! The ISR is an entry-level sales position responsible for retaining and growing UPS's Small Package business. Primary responsibilities include conducting sales calls to address customer needs, selling additional products and services, and following up on leads.
In addition to building relationships with key decision makers and serving as a customer advocate, the ISR also researches the competitive environment and uses product knowledge to generate solutions that meet the customer's needs and business objectives. Pre-call duties include using automated sales tools to perform research into customers' businesses, as well as account information to develop appropriate selling and pricing strategies. The ISR also creates contacts, monitors contractual compliance, and answers customer questions.
This position is located in Greenville, SC, and requires self-relocation to this geographical area. It also requires successful completion of the UPS Sales Academy, which is a comprehensive training program located on-site at the UPS Inside Sales facility in Greenville, SC.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries, complaints, and issues
- Coordinates opportunities and strategies with other team members
- Maintains knowledge of UPS products and services to develop appropriate sales solutions
- Reviews customer shipping practices to ensure contractual compliance
- Determines customer discounts and writes new contracts
- Educates customers on UPS's service channels to expedite problem resolution
- Provides compelling value proposals to potential and existing customers
Knowledge and Skills
- Analyzes and evaluates financial data and trends to determine impact on customer and company objectives
- Understands customer business models, operating structures, and strategic objectives, and offers logistic sales solutions
- Solicits information from customers through a variety of questioning and probing techniques
- Understands features and business applications of products, services, and customer-facing technology offerings, and solutions
- Assesses, identifies, measures, and monitors customer's business needs, and aligns account strategies to maximize profitability and meet strategic goals
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor's offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment
- Creates and develops effective strategies to manage accounts
- Experience using Microsoft Office products or equivalent software
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
- UPS and/or business-to-business or business-to-consumer sales experience – Preferred
- Fluent in more than one language – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Read the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law here.
Apply on company website