Fully Qualified Mechanic UPS Dublin 11Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a $51.5 billion corporation by focusing on enabling commerce for its customers around the world. Today, UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. Every day, UPS delivers more than 15.5 million packages and manages the flow of goods, funds and information for its customers in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. Globally, UPS employs 425,000 people, utilizes a delivery fleet of approximately 100,000 vehicles and operates the 9th largest airline in the world. The company can be found on the web at http://www.ups.com/
UPS first entered Europe in 1976 when it established domestic small package operations in Germany. UPS has since developed a comprehensive European service portfolio, combining local expertise in each market with UPS's international strength and high quality standards. Headquartered in Brussels, UPS in Europe currently employs 40,000 people across the EMEA region and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v).
A vacancy has arisen in Automotive Department, UPS Dublin
The vehicle mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all UPS vehicles, from light vans up to tractor trailer units. Rotating Shifts 07.00–15:30 & 12:30-21:00
The position is based in Finglas, Dublin 11.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the UPS fleet of vehicles.
- Preparing vehicles for NCT / DOE inspection
- Responding to daily vehicle condition reports supplied by drivers
- Following regular maintenance schedules and updating computer records
- Responding in a timely fashion to break down calls
- Accurate stock control using computerized systems
- Work as a team in order to achieve reliability and maintenance targets
Key Skills / Experience:
- Full Mechanic Qualifications (FETAC Level 4 or equivalent)
- Must hold a full clean driving license held for at least 2 years
- C/C1 License an advantage
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a busy environment
- Experience of working with commercial vehicles including LGV's would be an advantage
- Computer literacy skills
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritize accordingly
Apply on company website