The Health &Safety Assistant Supervisor position is responsible forsupervising health & safety activities of center drivers and employees andimplementing company safety guidelines by process control and risk management.
- Creates and executes company health andsafety strategies, processes, policies, procedures and practices including autoaccident prevention, injury prevention, occupational health, and regulatorysafety compliance; uses safety-related data to drive safe practices; followsstandard injury and auto accident response processes; monitors and adjustsprograms in response to changes in applicable laws and regulations.
- Works with Human Resources toensure the implementation and maintenance of a Comprehensive Health and SafetyPlan.
- Ensure that health, safety, andcompliance standards are adhered to and met.
- Maintains updated employeetraining and certifications to provide a safe, proficient work environment.
- Utilizes individual and groupconversations, active support of safety committees, and leads by example toraise health, safety, and compliance awareness.
- Conducts audits to ensurecompliance with UPS & country guidelines for safety.
- Solicits input from team membersand employees to improve the work safety environment.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree or above
- Minimum 2 years of Safety training experience in the sameor similar industry (Small Pacakge, Freight Forwarding, Logistics,Transportation)
- Minimum 2 years of successful people managementexperience
- Candidate must possess valid Driver's License (manualbrake)
- Great leadership skills with excellent communicationskill
- Possesses excellentverbal and written English communication skills preferred
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solvingabilities
- Require demonstratedskills in MS Office Programs(MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint)
Apply on company website