Join Our Community of Food People!The Director, Diversity & Inclusion is responsible for leading the design and execution of the Diversity and Inclusion (D & I) strategy for US Foods. This role will deliver programs, solutions and connections to enable a more engaged workforce, better reflect the markets we serve, and support our associates to leverage D&I to create an inclusive workplace.
The D&I Director will be a key thought leader and advisor for the organization and will influence others to become excited about and co-own D&I as a way to develop talent and foster an open and inclusive environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide and develop Programs and Solutions that foster an inclusive work environment
- Lead US Foods's Employee Resource Group (ERG) program and serve as advisor to the ERG leaders and executive sponsors. Expand the corporate program to the field locations.
- Partner with Learning and Development (L&D) to embed D&I in learning programs such as first-time manager, high potential programs and code of conduct training. Seek opportunities to embed capability building, where appropriate (interview training, succession planning, etc).
- Deliver training on inclusive leadership to a wide variety of audiences and train others to do so throughout the L&D and HR team.
- Establish and lead the US Food's Inclusion Council to make decisions on future investments to further the Diversity and Inclusion roadmap.
Build Strategic Partnerships internal and external to US Foods
- Work closely with internal partners (HRBP/Talent Mgmt) to analyze, evaluate and report on D&I in Talent programs and processes. Influence better decisions related to people practices and HR priorities through compelling data, analysis and recommendations for US Food's business that aligns with the company's cultural beliefs and leadership behaviors.
- In partnership with the Recruiting Team, develop and cultivate external partnerships with colleges and professional associations to attract culturally diverse students and other professionals and with local community-based and professional organizations.
Metrics and Reporting
- Participate in key benchmarking surveys in order to evaluate US Food's D&I strategies and recommend future opportunities for US Food's 3-year roadmap.
- Monitor key metrics to develop an effective reporting approach that measures the impact and effectiveness of US Food's goals and ongoing activities for diversity and inclusion programs. Partner with Insights and Analytics (I&A) and people analytics to utilize metrics for benchmarking enhancements and continuous improvements.
- Contribute to the annual Corporate Social Responsibility report and company scorecards, as well as provide strategic advice on how to improve programs and practices to enhance key business outcomes.
Communications and Facilitation
- Partner with key stakeholders (e.g., HR, Communications and Investor Relations), to identify opportunities for collaboration that furthers US Foods's goal around being an inclusive employer of choice.
- Partner with the VP, Talent Management and VP, Communications on the development, implementation and communication of US Food's Diversity & Inclusion roadmap with the input of other key stakeholders. Actively promote employee awareness of and engagement with D&I. Look for opportunities to tell US Foods's overall story internally and externally.
- Facilitate open and honest discussions about diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization in order to advance US Food's inclusive culture.
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred in diversity and inclusion or related field.
- Must possess a minimum of 8 years of experience in diversity and inclusion, including driving positive change in a corporate environment.
- Has strong oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle complex issues with discretion, serving as a mediator and guide to successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to use data to create, develop and execute people strategies.
- Strategic Thinker: can envision and drive a better future
- Motivates and Inspires Others: ability to inspire and engage leaders and associates at all levels of the organization
- Cultural Competence & Agility: understand & appreciate cultural differences and bring insights to inspire and engage others in doing so
- Stakeholder Management: proactively create and maintain strategic relationships
- Collaborative: creates an effective team environment
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Apply on company website