Join Our Community of Food People!The Local CI Leader will demonstrate leadership in continuous improvement (CI), communicating business goals, programs, and processes for their Market/DC. In this role, you will utilize your experience and management expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and Field Performance Teams, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals through leadership of multiple projects, work streams, and partnership within your Market/Distribution Center via CI tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to Field Performance Teams empowered to execute the Process Improvement strategy for efficiency, ease of doing business and overall cost savings.
- Deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process capability and process efficiency with a focus on EASY
- Lead Performance Teams driving designs and business processes to reduce defects and attain world-class levels of quality
- Mentor team members in the use of CI tools (TQM, TPS, Lean, Six Sigma, VSM, etc.)
- Work with VPO, Regional CI Leader and Field Performance Teams to uncover and assess CI opportunities for US Foods
- In conjunction with the Regional CI Leader, Field and Safety Performance Teams serve as a change agent in institutionalizing CI, ease of doing business, 6S, and quality.
- Constantly seek, share, and implement best practices
- Apply CI tools to improve process capability and eliminate defects and waste
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional project teams
- Communicate teams' progress to Champions and Business Leaders
- Identify potential CI projects whenever and wherever possible
- Influence without authority
- Deal with ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities/time management
- Multi-task on projects
- Minimum of 2 years of team leadership experience in operations, manufacturing, distribution or supply chain
- Ability to travel the minimum of 10% of the time to include air and/or driving and may include overnight stays
- Minimum of one year of experience with facilitating employee training sessions
- Minimum of one year of experience leading, coordinating or assisting with operational projects to include waste reduction, improved efficiency, TQM, TPS, safety, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college required
- The ability to become a US Foods Certified Green Belt within six months of hire date
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate and familiar with process improvement tools (TPS, Lean, Six Sigma, VSM, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to process improvement
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Apply on company website