Join Our Community of Food People!This position is responsible for managing the food safety and quality risks of the designated product categories. The FSQ Associate Manager will partner with cross-functional teams to define product specifications and evaluate manufacturers and exclusive branded product within the category. The FSQ Associate Manager will proactively work with exclusive brand suppliers to build process controls to reduce/eliminate food safety and quality risk failures to deliver with excellence to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance of all assigned suppliers to US Foods requirements regarding food safety, quality and regulatory compliance, approving/suspending/restricting/disqualifying as required. Responsible to monitor approximately 50+ vendor facilities depending on the category supported.
- Collaborates with all existing vendors within the category to maintain product specifications for branded products to ensure consistent adherence to food safety and quality requirements. This requires teaming up with the category management team to hold suppliers accountable to US Foods requirements.
- Conducts vendor facility risk assessments both through reviewing documentation and by conducting on-site inspections for site approvals.
- Strong knowledge for assigned product categories in the following areas: regulatory performance standards, critical to quality attributes, , processing techniques, environmental monitoring and general microbiology.
- An active member of the merchandising cross functional category team enabling commercial success through maintenance of food safety standards and food regulatory compliance requirements while balancing innovation and commercialization needs.
- Provides or identifies resource to assist in educating cross functional partners with food safety and quality subject matter expertise including policies and regulations (including those specific to their categories such as FSIS, Low Acid Canned Food Processing, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance, The Produce Rule etc.)
- Working knowledge of specific regulatory programs related to assigned product category
- Partners with Product Development to design new products and define product specifications and plays a key role in the product review process. Provides ongoing diligence by ensuring product conformity to defined specifications and managing the internal and supplier approval process.
- Participates in plant trials and/or first productions, as appropriate, for new products. Accountable for ensuring that the product meets the brand standard at both the food safety and quality level.
- Actively manages supplier, customer and internal feedback to move US Foods to a proactive/predictive state in managing product quality and driving continuous improvement.
- Analyze complaint and product evaluation data to identify trends and opportunities with products and vendors to drive continuous improvement. Compile and issue quarterly FSQ scorecard to assigned vendors.
- B.S. in applicable field of science for the role, (e.g. food science, dairy science, meat science, animal science, plant science, engineering, microbiology, etc.) or commensurate degree required
- PCQI/HACCP certified
- Auditor certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years Food Safety Quality experience required
- Working knowledge with FDA (FSMA) & USDA regulatory requirements and food safety systems.
- 2 years experience in a food manufacturing environment required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required
- Understanding of environmental monitoring programs, and application of FSMA/Preventive Controls, Food Safety Plan design, measurement, documentation and training; required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including the ability to interact across organizational levels
Up to 20--30% travel – Some travel may be out of the country.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Apply on company website