To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required. Must be punctual when scheduled to work and have excellent attendance.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior guest service and hotel experience preferred.
License Requirement: Must have a valid state-issued driver's license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
Knowledge: Knowledge of metro area is desirable.
Appearance: Associates will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times. Associates are to follow all guidelines stated in the Associate Handbook concerning standards of appearance, hygiene, grooming and dress.
Language skills: Must be able to read and write English exceptionally well. Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, drivers, and co-workers on all socio-economical levels. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence. Be able to write simple correspondence and/or reports legibly. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in group situations to guests, fellow associates, passengers, and drivers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to educate others about policy/procedures, but not enforce policy/procedures. Ability to apply patience when communicating with others in difficult situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to carry out assigned tasks and duties completely and effectively. Ability to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision. Ability to demonstrate fair and impartial judgment.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used in Role: Hotel shuttle vehicle, two way radios, various report forms, information logs, brochures, pens and pencils.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel in order to handle cash and equipment; talk and listen. Associates are frequently required to reach and or sign (communicate) with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Associates work in and around potentially dangerous traffic situations, and associates are to be safety conscious at all times. Associates are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including snow storms and extreme heat. Associates are regularly exposed to high levels of noise and/or fumes from vehicles. Associates on occasion must lift/move up to 75 lbs.
SP+ Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ Hospitality does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
*USA Parking will provide reasonable accommodations during its interviews for individuals with disabilities, including providing a sign language interpreter, upon request. Please email your request for a reasonable accommodation to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I do as a Doorperson/Driver?
As our newest team member, you will be an integral part of the warm welcome and fond farewell process. Some duties include:
- Greet and assist hotel guests arriving and departing the hotel in a professional and courteous manner.
- Safely transporting guests from the resort or parking facility to hotel, shopping or other areas depending on location.
- Greet guests at hotel curbside and offer them assistance, which can include: opening doors, carrying luggage into the hotel and/or directing them to the front desk for check-in.
- Hail taxi cabs for any guest requesting one.
- Dispatch a sufficient number of taxi cabs to the hotel and/or to other loading points.
- Provide accurate information and directions regarding the hotel and/or surrounding area.
- Monitor the hotel entrance for any suspicious activity.
- Communicate with drivers, co-workers, and supervisors and address any concerns.
- Write factual reports regarding items that deviate from normal operation.
- Identify and report any safety issues immediately to supervisor.
- Clean and maintain surrounding work area (to include glass cleaning and sweeping of trash).
- Clean break room (to include empting trash, vacuuming and wiping down of table).
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Perform vehicle inspections, maintaining cleanliness of bus interiors, fueling of buses, logging trip counts and assisting disabled passengers.
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
- Possess a valid state-issued driver's license to be carried with driver, at all times, while on duty.
- Have and maintain an acceptable DMV record.
- Courteously assist Guests by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the Guest to the Facility Manager for further assistance.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills and etc. to garage office.
- Substitute for Cashiers or Valets, when necessary, if authorized.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the garage, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
- Assisting guests with luggage and other traveling items, if applicable (e.g. operating shuttle buses at an airport location).
- Assist Facility Manager with other duties as needed.
This job posting does not include the full range of functions/duties of the position. Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor including the corporate office. This document does not create any employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. A full job description is available upon request.
Apply on company website