BASIC REQUIREMENTS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Basic requirements of Employment form the fundamental performance requirements. It is expected that all employees perform their duties in a professional manner; this expectation includes awareness of and high quality service to our customers, developing and maintaining job competence, ethical personal behavior, the development, and maintenance of supportive and caring relationships with others at work and basic professional morality.
Meeting these expectations is a minimum requirement.
BASIC EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS:
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE: Identify customer groups, assess service needs. Meet or exceed customer needs in a caring, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- QUALITY: Maintain levels of quality of service/product, which meet or exceed customer expectations through demonstrated contributions.
- PROFESSIONAL and PERSONAL CONDUCT: Always practice Valley Wide Cooperative's established Standards of Conduct while on duty.
- COMPETENCY: Develop and maintain skills, knowledge, and abilities required for adequate performance of assigned job duties.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE: To provide high quality, cost effective services and products to internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND STANDARDS:
The position of a Driver is of great significance to Valley Wide Cooperative. Drivers deliver product to area customers in a safe and timely manner. A person in this position is accountable for keeping a complete and systematic set of records of all financial transactions carried by the cooperative on a daily basis. A person in this position maintains operational performance with the utmost concentration and dedication and must be well versed in the standard operating procedures of the company.
Position Evaluation: Along with attitude and policy compliance, position will be evaluated according to results and outcomes achieved for Organizational, Departmental, and Individual targets and goals. These targets and goals will change regularly, usually on an annual basis.
- Job Summary :
These are the basic requirements of the position and must be performed competently.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of the delivery truck.
- Responsible for ordering for and maintaining bulk plant facilities.
- Record daily tickets on manifest summary report.
- Maintain purchase order records.
- Responsible for completing driver's daily inspection reports.
- Enforce and adhere to the company credit policy.
- Establish and maintain efficient route book.
- Maintain good communication with stores and other personal via phone and radio messaging.
- Adhere strictly to the delivery price sheet provided by management. Any deviation from route price sheet due to special circumstance will require management approval.
- Acknowledge any discounts given and obtain management approval for any and all volume discounts.
- Responsible for purchase orders needed for all repair work.
- Work closely with store managers and personnel.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Adhere to all commercial motor vehicle rules and regulations.
- Respect customer property at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS/PREREQUISITES:
- Class B CDL required.
- Clean driving record with all applicable endorsements required, experience with fast-paced delivery experience preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills; ability to communicate in appropriate, professional manner with managers, supervisors, employees, customers, vendors and general public.
- Must be able to make appropriate decisions and execute them according to policy.
- Must maintain appropriate and expected levels of customer service throughout the store.
- Must have ability to determine order of need and task priority based on level of importance.
- Must have a manager focus in all interactions and exhibit strong critical thinking/ problem solving skills.
- Must exhibit a professional and positive image.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The following three sections on physical requirements, environmental factors, and typical manner of accomplishing essential job functions, describes the anticipated typical means of accomplishing the essential functions of the job.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: In an average day the employee may be required to:
Reach above shoulder level
Lift from high / low position
Explain : Physical requirement dependent upon nature of the duty being performed.
Pushing / Pulling
Repetitive use of hands:
TYPICAL MANNER OF ACCOMPLISHING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Average work hours per day:
The job allows the employee to vary physical position or activity for comfort: Variable related to daily assignment.
In a normal workday, the employee may be required to:
Percentage of time: 40%
Percentage of time: 50%
Percentage of time: 10%
Combination Standing and Walking:
Percentage of time: 60%
Average weight to be lifted
1% - 33%
34% - 66%
Up to 10 lbs
11 to 25 lbs
26 to 35 lbs
36 to 50 lbs
51 to 100 lbs
I. Outside: 85% Inside: 15%
II. Temperature: Normal
III. Humidity: Normal
IV. Atmosphere Conditions: Normal
V. Hazards: Propane, gasoline
Apply on company website