Winchester Cardiology and Vascular Medicine (WCVM) located in the picturesque Northern Virginia Shenandoah Valley is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Structural Cardiologist to join their team of 20 board certified Cardiologists and 11 cardiology advanced practice clinicians.
About the Position
- Located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley WCVM is the largest and most established cardiology practice serving the Shenandoah Valley and the Panhandle of West Virginia
- WCVM is seeking to add a second Structural/Interventional Cardiologist to help lead our expanding structural heart program.
- This position offers a collaborative team approach with opportunities for participation in research and teaching
- WCVM is a private practiced leased by Valley Health. Valley health consists of 6 hospitals with Winchester Medical Center being the largest at nearly 500 beds.
- WMC has 3 Cardiothoracic surgeons preforming state of the art surgical care.
- WMC has 9 Cath Labs with 2 dedicated to EP and 3 dedicated to Vascular and 1 state of the art Hybrid OR / Cath lab built in 2016.
- WMC preforms nearly 1000 PCIs a year, 160 CABGs, 60 surgical valves, and 120 transcatheter valves including TAVR and mitral clip. There is also a robust Watchman program.
- Interventional call would be roughly 1 in 7. Only have to cover one hospital. Weekend call would be roughly 1 in 7 weekends.
- Ample APC support.
- Great vacation plan
- Competitive salary
- Qualifications include
- Board Certification in Interventional Cardiology
- Fellowship in interventional cardiology and structural heart
- 5+ years of structural heart experience
- Ability to obtain a medical license in the states of VA and WV
- Ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority needed for the specific practice
- All candidates must be US citizens as no Visa positions are available.
About our Practice
WCVM moved to a newly built state of the art office in March of 2020. The 30,000 sq. ft. clinic connects to the cardiovascular lab and inpatient hospital. In addition, we have satellite clinics in Martinsburg W.V. and provide outreach services at Valley Health Multi-specialty clinics. WCVM leases its professional services to Valley Health
Our team includes interventional cardiologists, non-invasive cardiologists, an advanced heart failure specialist, a structural heart specialist and electrophysiologists. At Winchester Medical Center, we provide cardiovascular consultative and procedural services.
We utilize EPIC as our EMR both in the clinic and hospital setting.
We have a complete diagnostic testing facility onsite with an active Nuclear Department offering SPECT, up-to-date all digital echo lab, full vascular lab. The WCVM Cardiovascular Imaging Center accredited through ICAEL, ICAVL and ICANL.
We have a shared call model (not to exceed 1:6 nights/and weekends without additional compensation) in this collegial group dedicated to a shared compensation model and work life balance.
Details and Benefits
- This is for a 2-year associate position with a track to partnership in the 3rd year.
- The salary is highly competitive and guaranteed with a potential for management and quality incentives.
- We also offer an excellent full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, full malpractice coverage disability coverage, and life insurance.
- We also offer a CME allotment within the total benefit package and provide retirement benefits following the first year of employment.
- Moving expense stipend is provided as well as a potential for an early signing bonus.
About the Community:
- Enjoy a 4-season climate
- Great schools both public and private
- Approximately 90 minutes from the Washington, D.C. metro area, 45 minutes from Dulles International Airport, 2 hours from Baltimore, 3.5 hours from Philadelphia, and 2.5 hours from Richmond
- Winchester Virginia offers the perfect mid-sized community and the ideal location for family living. Whether you choose to enjoy shopping and dining on the walking mall, touring several historic museums, catching a show at one of the local theaters, wine tasting at James Charles Vineyard, a brewery tour at Winchester Brew Works, or enjoying all of the outdoor enthusiast activities (biking, hiking, fishing and kayaking) available in the nearby Shenandoah National Park, Winchester has something for everyone.
Winchester Cardiology and Vascular Medicine (WCVM) located in the picturesque Northern Virginia Shenandoah Valley is seeking a Board Certified/B...
Apply on company website