The Valley Insurance Services Administrative Assistant will provide a wide variety of administrative and staff support services including receptionist duties answering incoming calls and greeting visitors. Administers programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors, answer incoming calls to the main VIS number and transfer calls as necessary. Look up clients in Epic agency management platform to find who is the assigned service representative.
- Act as liaison with both internal and external customers on administrative issues, including but not limited to property maintenance matters and machine and computer equipment repairs. Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using Word, Excel and PowerPoint or other presentation software.
- Electronically file and retrieve documents, records, and reports.
- Prepare agendas and complete arrangements as requested by the meeting organizer.
- May conduct research, compile data, and prepare basic papers for consideration and presentation by supervisor.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and mail.
- Type letters, memos, and other correspondence as required.
- Maintain attendance records for the department or for assigned staff.
- Prepare responses to departmental correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Make travel arrangements for executive management, as needed.
- Maintain supervisor's schedule by coordinating and scheduling meetings.
Apply on company website