The API Tester is a key member of the enterprise QA team, responsible for planning, designing, and implementing automated or manual solutions to directly test the Application Programming Interface (API) layer of Valley's infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with project teams to understand business/system requirements and solution designs.
- Design and build test automation to confirm API functionality, performance and error handling.
- Write Test cases, define input parameters, execute, compare (expected vs actual), and exception handling.
- Track and report defects, work with developers to resolve defects.
- Validate functionality, reliability, performance and security of programming interfaces.
- Participate in project/release planning to establish and maintain testing plans and initial scheduling estimates.
- Aid in the recommendation, evaluation, selection and implementation of appropriate tools to enable the strategy for the maturation of IT QA/QC.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for the maturation of the IT QA/QC function and the overall SDLC/PMLC.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for IT QA/QC to promote a culture of good quality practices.
Apply on company website