The community Loan Officer will originate, service, and close loans and will manage/develop the portfolio. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and service assigned portfolios.
- Maintain close customer contact to ensure continued satisfaction and to follow or anticipate additional financing needs.
- Monitor and report changes in credit quality.
- Negotiate to properly structured and priced credit facilities consistent with the bank's credit policies and lending practices.
- Prepare effective packages for credit approval circulation and to present packages to the required level of credit authority.
- Attend loan closings or supervise Branch personnel to ensure loans are properly closed.
- Follow past due payments and overdrafts.
- Ensure that lines of credit are renewed in a timely fashion.
- Oversee proper handling of customer transactions, such as advances, payments, etc.
- Ensure that the bank is in possession of current financial information, that the information has been properly analyzed and on file, and that proper/complete credit files are on hand.
- Respond quickly and effectively on all new business referrals from Senior Management, Territory Sales Managers , the branch network, or other areas of the bank.
- Maintain and develop new business sources, such as accountants, attorneys, etc.
- Solicit new business as opportunities may arise from existing customers.
- Review documentation prepared by legal counsel as to their accuracy, meeting all requirements of loan request.
- Assure that credits are accurately risk rated and credits are properly monitored and reported.
- Create and maintain current BSA Information.
Apply on company website