The Controller of Accounting Operations position directly supports the efforts and responsibilities of the Chief Accounting Officer in overseeing all Corporate Accounting Operations of Valley and its subsidiaries in partnership with other business unit process owners. The position manages the operational corporate accounting staff and processes of the consolidated company, including, but not limited to accounting for holding company and equity transactions, pension accounting, subsidiary consolidations and general ledger reconciliations, the accounts payable department, fixed asset, lease, and OREO accounting, loan accounting, including the Company's deferred loan origination fees/costs and mortgage servicing rights valuations, maintain accounting procedures and policies in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SOX 404, including implementation of new applicable accounting guidance, and act as a liaison for external advisors, including valuation experts, actuaries, and auditors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and provide leadership to all accounting managers and their direct support staff.
- Maintain data governance for the SAP S/4 Hana general ledger and subledger systems.
- Act as a primary point of contact for external auditors and regulators.
- Maintain Accounting Department written policies and procedures, including those over key areas, such as accounts payable, travel and entertainment, deferred loan fees/costs, mortgage servicing rights valuation, fixed assets, leases and software capitalization.
- Oversee the implementation, design and testing of new processes and internal control related to new accounting guidance.
- Assist in the review and oversight of the Company's critical and significant accounting policies on a quarterly basis, including mortgage servicing rights, goodwill, and income taxes.
- Oversee the Company's Accounts Payable Department staff, processes and systems.
- Assist in the review and evaluate the appropriateness of the pension plan valuation assumptions.
- Participate in the quarterly meeting with the Company's external auditors.
- Manage and document the Company's quarterly legal contingency review with the Company's General Counsel and CFO.
- Assist business unit process owners with applicable accounting and maintenance guidance.
- Participate in the Company's Future State Operating Model (FSOM) core system transformation activities, and other management meetings, as directed.
Apply on company website