As an infrastructure engineer you will bring modern Infrastructure as Code (IAC) design patterns and automated infrastructure build solutions to the bank. You will work hand-in-hand with product and platform engineering teams enabling them to move faster and more predictably, supporting modern programming tools and processing to help the bank in its digital modernization journey. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with both platform engineering leadership and individual product teams to understand end user challenges and future ambition through a deep understanding of current state processes and constraints.
- Create policies, principles, design patterns and infrastructure build solutions for consumption by teams.
- Work with engineering peers to create a culture of agile, best of breed excellence and learning.
- Deliver modern software solutions using Cloud Native infrastructure as code engineering.
- Build reusable Cloud Native solutions for infrastructure build and configuration.
- Act as a champion of knowledge sharing for Infrastructure as code engineering, Cloud Native, and event-based engineering.
- Support teams during the creation of software solutions from POC, through initial MVP to subsequent iterative cycles of ongoing development.
- Promote an evolutionary architectural approach, allowing designs to evolve as new information becomes available.
- Create unambiguous infrastructure solutions for the team in alignment with Enterprise ambition and strategy.
- Collaborate with the engineering, security and operations teams when designing and building solutions (monitoring, logging, deployment).
- Balance short term tactical approaches with longer term aspirations to ensure that technical debt is kept at an acceptable level.
- An advocate of feedback cycles you will continually analyze process bottlenecks, solicit team feedback and conduct value stream analysis as input into the continual evolution of the IAC platform.
- Work across teams to support the creation of non-functional requirements, including but not limited to performance thresholds and security considerations.
- Engage as a member of a DevOps engineering community of practice, supporting fellow engineers, knowledge sharing and establishing policies, blueprints, and codified architectural patterns.
- Work with the teams to answer questions through prototyping and spike development.
- Implement continual feedback cycles; analyzing bottlenecks, team feedback and performance as input into the continual evolution of the IAC platform; delivering continual and incremental value to the teams including the enablement of self-service capability.
- Review IAC code and associated build scripts to ensure that the architectural intent has been realized.
Apply on company website