The Investment Underwriter II prepares analyses and reports supporting a variety of credit risk exposures including investments, vendors and counterparties. These credit analyses provide an independent credit assessment supporting several bank departments including Investments, Corporate and Government Services, and Loan Syndications, among others. The analytical focus for this position is on requests which require more advanced credit and underwriting skills such as commercial banks and insurance companies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares a complete investment/vendor/counterparty credit review package including a credit analysis, RAC form (if applicable), Rating Agency report and other material as appropriate to the type of obligor and credit exposure.
- Conducts an in-depth credit analysis of the issuer/obligor including financial analysis, cash flow analysis, evaluation of debt repayment sources along with an overall credit risk assessment, involving either new or existing credit exposures.
- Identifies key credit risks of the issuer/obligor and applicable mitigants and assigns a risk rating.
- Monitors counterparties credit risk exposures and trends in conformity with OCC mandated requirements.
- Ensures that each credit review is consistent with the bank's Investment and Vendor Management policies and procedures.
- Identifies credit and investment policy exceptions and incorporates suitable mitigants into the credit package.
- Prepares quarterly reports for Senior Management for Counterparties reporting on composition of portfolio, dollar amounts of exposure by regulatory categories, risk grades and annual review status.
- Prepares quarterly reports for Management for Investments, including overall exposure, stratification amongst asset classes, weighted average risk rating by class and overall, as well as rating migration.
- Mentors other investment underwriters by providing training about department procedures and systems and by reviewing draft credit packages completed by other team members.
- Proactively communicates with the Senior Credit Officers, Investment Department Manager, and various user departments within the Bank during the underwriting process, where applicable.
- Conducts and participates in investment issuer and vendor meetings/conference calls, as applicable.
- Remains current with business and financial trends and developments affecting municipal and corporate entities.
Apply on company website