The IT Data Analyst adds value to IT projects and services in two principle manners: (1) by gathering and manipulating data into a format that is easily digestible to support transparency in IT and business decision making processes, and (2) by gathering and rationalizing data from multiple sources into a consistent and more efficient structure that can be consumed by IT and business processes. This position may work closely with the IT Business Analyst (BA) as the output of the IT Data Analyst is often required by the BA to bring clarity to the understanding of current state, the development of business requirements, and the description of a future state. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collect data using available technology systems, including sources such as SQL, Hadoop and others.
- Normalize and clean data from various data sets and sources.
- Interpret and analyze data using advanced methods while identifying and understanding trends.
- Create reports to share findings and recommendations with project teams or stakeholders.
- Create visualizations to be used by various teams or stakeholders to enable strategic decision making.
- Document structures and types of IT and business data.
- Build relationships with business users of the data to support their requirements through effective communication.
- Recommend improvements to IT systems in order to further facilitate data collection and analysis.
- Create data models, design methods, and perform database development as necessary.
- Analyze large amounts of data using tools such as Excel, Power BI, etc.
Apply on company website