The Lead Test Automation Engineer is responsible for establishing a new automation capability within the bank. You will play a key role in transforming the bank as we pivot to becoming a world leader in digital banking products. Your role will include the design and continual evolution of the test automation capability within the bank (including the tooling, process and frameworks) to support the rapid delivery of value through the engineering teams. You will be part of an existing QA team, working closely with both product and platform teams and product owners. You will be expected to drive a quality mindset throughout the full product lifecycle to ensure testable user stories and acceptance criteria are consistently created. You will be working with the cross-organizational teams to ensure that the automation test suite is fully integrated into the CI/CD pipeline implementing appropriate thresholds for break build rules. You will be working across both iterative and traditional application development lifecycles. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and continual evolution of the Test Automation strategy. Support the team in the selection and implementation of test automation tools and frameworks that are suitable for their needs.
- Participate in sprint/project/release planning to establish and maintain testing plans and initial scheduling estimates per project.
- Work with project teams to ensure that system requirements and solution designs are clearly understood and testable.
- Work with the teams to develop automated UI and API tests.
- Work with the teams to build and maintain their automated regression tests.
- Introduce relevant testing approaches into the teams (e.g. TDD / BDD).
- Build relevant test information radiators and dashboards to report on quality and support rapid feedback cycles, promote a 'stop-the-line' mentality within the teams.
- Work with the teams to triage and rapidly resolve defects.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for the maturation of the IT QA/QC function and the overall SDLC/PMLC.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for IT QA/QC to promote a culture of good quality practices.
Apply on company website