The Retail Business Development Officer is a critical member of the Valley banking team responsible for selling, delivering and providing a full range of branch banking services to individuals, businesses and municipalities. The incumbent has accountability for developing new business clients within their territory. While partnering with departments across the Bank, is responsible for developing and achieving plans and goals which include, but are not limited to, deposits, loan originations, fees, sales of investment/trust services and management of local market promotion. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivers and Sells a full range of branch banking services to individuals, businesses and municipalities.
- Independently develops and implements strategic business plans with Head of Retail Sales' approval which are consistent with Valley's corporate direction and result in achieving key performance indicators (i.e.: targeted loans, deposits and fees).
- Develops and implements a Business Development Call Program to encompass new clients from prospect lists, other resources and referrals. Seeks opportunities for referrals to new clients through existing business clients of branches within their area.
- Builds and develops COIs (Centers of Influence) to increase sales, provide ongoing referrals and leads for all bank products and services.
- Develops partnerships to enhance and expand the client's relationship with the bank, including loan officers, internal and external product specialists. Utilizes business partners to capture a larger wallet share and enhance the customer's experience with Valley through meetings with clients.
- Builds, expands and maintains customer relationships to grow the deposit base of the branches within the territory, increases product utilization and revenue.
- Possesses the knowledge of the entire bank's consumer and commercial deposits product line to sell wealth management and Insurance products, cash management, consumer and commercial loans as well as external partner products and services. Remains current in all areas and attends all required sales training.
- Knows the competition's product line to bring ideas forward and develop plans to gain clients from them.
- Learns and supports Retail Banking promotions and initiatives. Serves as an expert on these initiatives; assists other team members with knowledge sharing.
- Participates in and supports CRA initiatives activities and programs.
- Participates in industry trade groups, business associations and charitable organizations to enhance the Bank's brand.
- Submits accurate and timely sales reports as needed including client development history in Sales Force.
- Manages expenses within established budget guidelines.
- Adheres to Bank policies, all legal and regulatory requirements, Code of Conduct and Service Quality Standards.
- Partners with other LOBs such as Commercial, Mortgage, etc.
Apply on company website