Under the direction of the Market Manager, the Service Excellence Manager provides branch staff with oversight, works with branch staff to ensure compliance and adherence to all Bank policies while providing an outstanding customer experience. Leads by example in bank product knowledge, sales and customer support. Provides a supportive work environment and guidance to branch staff to meet product sales goals and service standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction, individually and collectively within the branch. Provides quality customer service through personal contact with customers and prospects in adherence with company policy including, handling customer issues in person or over the phone in researching and resolving issues.
- Build and promote branch identity, drive product sales and promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer experience and branch success. Create a welcoming atmosphere that ensures continuous client engagement.
- Meets with customers to analyze financial needs and maximize sales opportunities. Offers all bank products and assists with other service needs (account opening & maintenance and processing transactions) for existing and prospective customers. Comprehensive knowledge of all Bank products and services and the ability to discuss and demonstrate with customers.
- Ability to perform all transactions required by a customer and use appropriate technology to provide services most effectively and efficiently. Maintain and balance a cash box. Ability to utilize technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling and Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin Machines.
- Act as Vault Teller ensuring adequacy of Branch cash for daily transactions by assisting the branch staff in ordering and shipping currency & coin and controlling & distributing cash to Tellers in prescribed limits.
- Participates and supports CRA initiatives, activities and programs.
- Reviews and approves requests - to include approval to cash large checks, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets, and the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash counts.
- Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas such as controllable operating losses through compliance with established Bank policies and procedures.
- Continues to build proficiency of banking principles and sales
techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
- Collaborates with the Market Manager by providing feedback regarding interviews, hiring, performance appraisals and disciplinary actions for the staff.
- Assists in community events (i.e. Habitat for Humanity) etc. Participates in and supports CRA initiatives, activities and programs.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with the Bank's Code of Conduct and all policies and procedures.
- Under the direction of the Market Manager, supervises all operational aspects of the branch functions to ensure satisfactory audit ratings and adherence to compliance requirements.
- Full knowledge of all branch operations encompassing making sound business decisions and including evaluating, honoring and approving all exception items minimizing potential loss to the bank; supervises Operational Risk.
- Ensure the branch complies daily, meeting all Retail Banking Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure Staff and Branch is in full proof daily.
- Order and/or prepare currency shipments, ensuring cash vault in proof daily and maintained with assigned cash limits.
- Maintain and prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly reports.
- Knowledge and review of proper account opening documentation, ensuring proper documentation is collected and maintained to comply with policy and procedure, including the completion of timely site visits.
- Knowledge of KYC (Know Your Customer) and CIP (Customer
- Knowledge of wire documentation, with responsibility for obtaining proper documentation and approvals prior to sending a wire.
- Oversees timely submission and accuracy of all Branch Management Operational reports, AML reporting and audits as required, including reconciliation of Branch general ledger accounts and other report inconsistencies, knowledge of Suspicious Activity red flags.
- Represent VNB in dealing with customer complaints, inquiries or problems, including written correspondence; escalate through proper channels where appropriate.
- Complete all Learning & Development classes as required, including annual Learning Management System training.
- Oversees expenses within established budget guidelines (contra, branch expense).
- Ensure branch appearance meets the Bank's standards including correct and complete signage, address building maintenance issues timely.
- Participate in, help develop and organize in-branch sales activities.
- Meet individual in-branch sales goals.
- Build and expand customer relationships to maintain deposit base and grow the branch.
Apply on company website