The senior CSR-CRA Officer is responsible for implementing, coordinating, and overseeing activities that ensure Valley Bank is in compliance with the CRA in the New York City region. This position administers the Bank's Community Redevelopment Act (CRA) program and acts as the Deputy to the Chief CRA Officer as needed to ensure the bank achieves and maintains compliance with applicable federal regulations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops process and serves as the Bank's subject matter expert to provide CRA-related compliance advice and guidance for applicable lines of business, addressing compliance questions, development/modification of new products and services, identifying any compliance related issues and/or new compliance requirements, and keeping abreast of business changes and potential regulatory impact.
- Regularly engages with key internal business line stakeholders and external community partners.
- Maintains current working knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including banking and consumer/commercial credit regulations.
- Develops and/or delivers custom CRA employee training specific to the Bank's activities, as needed.
- Analyzes CRA data to establish metrics for interpretation and reporting.
- On a project basis, manages and develops compliance team members assisting with production of program deliverables/monitoring activities.
- Implements and oversee activities that maintain an appropriate level of employee involvement in CRA qualified organizations.
- Serve as a resource to the CRA Department on emerging CRA issues to ensure compliance with the CRA regulations.
- Acquire and disseminate information that increases department capacity and corporate responsibility regarding CRA and Community Development.
- Ensures compliance with the CRA's technical requirements and oversee the compilation and validation of all information and data needed for regulatory examination process.
- Maintains relationships with community groups and advocacy organizations and serve as primary contact for New York.
Apply on company website